Now is a great time to engage in healthy, fun activities that support an active lifestyle. Salida Recreation presents the 2014 Fitness Challenge to offer you some guidance and motivation towards setting and achieving goals and feeling healthy! By participating in the many aspects of the Fitness Challenge, you will receive structure and information encompassing health, fitness, and nutrition over nine weeks to help you make changes that will last beyond the New Year. You choose how to participate, either by attending some of our events or working on your own. We reward you!
• Any participant who does 30 minutes of exercise on his/her own will receive 1 point. Downhill skiing or riding is equal to 1 point per 2 hours.
• For any introductory contact made to a fitness or nutrition provider, participants will receive 2 points.
• For each 2014 Fitness Challenge class or seminar attended in January or February 2014, participants will get 3 points. 45 minutes – 1.5 hours is the approximate guideline to get these points. Bring a friend to get an extra 1 point!
• Any participant who gets any preventative screening from their doctor or a clinic will receive 2 points.
• Participants that keep a food log will receive 10 points per week.
• Any participant who participates in the kick-off New Year’s Day 5k will receive 5 points!
• Any participant who sets a goal for themselves at the beginning and has completed it by February 28th will receive 5 points per goal achieved!
Bring in your fitness log in-progress on Saturday, February 15th for free swimming all day! Must show your log.
Please turn in your log sheet to the pool front desk by March 3, 2014. Winners will be announced March 7.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!