Click on an activity for more information.
If you have an activity you would like to submit, please send information to email@example.com
*Programs directly related to Salida Recreation will utilize the City of Salida Recreation Release of Liability. The City of Salida, Support Our Schools Salida, High Country Bank, and Robin NeJame dba Kaska LLC are not responsible for the actions of any other party.
November 5, 2013 – Friday Enrichment: Building Partnerships
What do you kids do with their free time on Fridays? Do you feel they are engaged and entertained?
Funded by a generous $9,000 donation from High County Bank, SOSS and Salida Recreation created a new position with the purpose of promoting Friday programming for Salida’s youth.
With this assistance, Salida Recreation and SOSS will become a hub of information about Friday activities, as well as a network to connect people who wish to offer programming with those who have the resources to help.
These organizations will actively distribute information on Friday Enrichment opportunities for school-aged children through their websites, email announcements, school Facebook pages, news and radio announcements and through local organization newsletters and announcements. Plan on seeing monthly updates in the Mountain Mail during the school year.
The Salida Recreation Department will be the official hub for getting all types of Friday Enrichment information to the community, whether it is hosted by the department or not.
Please share your ideas with us to help is meet your needs. If there is a program not being offered through the recreation department or other organizations, we encourage your input.
More importantly, if you or someone you know needs financial help to participate in a program, please ask about Salida Recreation youth scholarships.
If you would like us to highlight your Friday Enrichment activity already being offered, suggest an educational opportunity for a child (such as an internship or a specific class) or if you would like more information, please contact Robin NeJame, Friday Enrichment Coordinator.
And check out our Friday Enrichment page for details about program currently being offered!
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Gathering of Friday Enrichment activities. Let us promote your events or activities. Please email your events, providing proof of insurance.
• Dissemination of calendar information via SalidaRec.com/fridays, Salida.com/SOSS, SalidaSchools.org, TheMountainMail.com, SalidaCitizen.com, ilovesalida.com, SalidaDailyPost.com, Tenderfoot Times, Salida School District Facebook page and Chamber updates.
• Radio Interviews
• Presentations to Community Organizations, such as Rotary, Salida Business Alliance, and Chamber of Commerce.
• Outreach and recruitment to create further Friday Enrichment opportunities, work with other organizations such as Boys and Girls Club and Family and Youth Initiatives to ensure that we meet the needs of the children in our community.
• Create partners. How can the community support these opportunities? Provide a mentorship/internship program, create new programs, financial donations (to provide scholarships, supplies, etc…)…..we want to work with you!