Salida Recreation Youth Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Families that meet the income requirements are eligible for up to $100 in assistance per child under 18 per year. Scholarships are available for all types of youth programming including swim passes.
Children must be under the age of 18 to receive scholarship funds. Please review the income eligibility requirements. Proof may be requested to complete your application.
|Household Size||Annual Income must be less than:|
|Each additional family member add:||$7,437|
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill out the Salida Recreation Youth Scholarship application and return to Salida Recreation Programs Supervisor. Applications may be dropped off at or mailed to the Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center (410 W. Hwy 50, Salida, CO 81201). Please mark envelope ATTN Programs Supervisor. Only one application is necessary per family.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Children receiving scholarships are required to attend at least 80% of all class or program meetings. Failure to do so will result in termination of eligibility unless approved by the Recreation Supervisor.
- Children must be residents of Chaffee County and under the age of 18 to be eligible.
- Household size is determined by parents/guardians and dependents all living at the same address.
- Scholarships can be applied to any Salida Recreation or Hot Springs Aquatic Center activity, program, event or pass. Scholarships may not be applied to park rentals or point of sale items.
- Scholarships may not exceed $100 per child per calendar year.
- Scholarship awards do not constitute enrollment in a program. You must register for any programs separately once approved.
- Please apply for the scholarship at least one week prior to the beginning of desired program. Scholarships are not retroactive.
- A renewal notice will be sent at the end of the calendar year, confirming eligibility or addressing any changes. Your response will be required.
Salida Recreation will use the information on the application only to decide if your child qualifies to receive a scholarship for eligible activities. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Applicants are guaranteed that personal finances will not be discussed outside of the department management. Coaches, instructors or program leaders will not be informed of a participant’s financial or scholarship status.